MyHep All: A Drug To Fight Against Hepatitis C
MyHep all is a new generation drug manufactured by Mylan India that contains 2 active ingredients Sofosbuvir and Velpatasvir. Myhep All is a generic of Epclusa used to treat hepatitis C in 6 genotypes. How much does Myhep all cure hepatitis C How much does Myhep all treat hepatitis C Treatment cost.
What does Myhep all do?
- Myhep all (sofosbuvir 400mg / velpatasvir 100mg) is an all-genotype treatment for hepatitis C.
- Sofosbuvir inhibits HCV NS5B RNA-dependent RNA polymerase; undergoes intracellular metabolism to form uridine analog triphosphate.
- Sofosbuvir inhibits viral replication by binding to HCV RNA and acts as a chain terminator.
- Velpatasvir is an inhibitor of HCV NS5A protein; blocking protein activity and inhibiting viral replication.
How does Myhep All work?
Myhep All Tablet contains the active ingredient Sofosbuvir 400mg and Velpatasvir 100 mg which is a direct acting antiviral (DAA). DAAs are a class of drugs that directly block the hepatitis C virus ability to replicate itself.
The active ingredients Sofosbuvir and Velpatasvir in this medicine work by impairing the activity of proteins that
are necessary for the growth of the Hepatitis C Virus.
Active ingredient Sofosbuvir is a nucleotide polymerase inhibitor; Velpatasvir is an NS5A (non-constructive hepatitis CS5 virus).
Sofosbuvir may interfere with the replication of the genetic material of the Hepatitis C Virus.
Velpatasvir works by interfering with a protein needed by the virus.
Both ingredients combined help inhibit the replication of hepatitis C virus
What patients is Myhep All indicated for?
Myhep All is a combination drug with 2 components Sofosbuvir and Velpatasvir used to treat Hepatitis C Virus all types 1; 2; 3; 4; 5; 6 for patients:
- Patients with hepatitis C for the first time have never received any medication
- Hepatitis C Patients with compensated cirrhosis or decompensated cirrhosis
- Patients with hepatitis C have HIV co-infection
Contraindications Myhep All
- Hypersensitivity to any ingredient of the drug
- Hypercalcemia (abnormally elevated levels of calcium in the blood)
- Hypercalciuria (excess calcium excretion in the urine)
- Calcium stones (kidney stones)
- Prolonged immobilization with hypercalcemia and/or hypercalciuria.
How to use and dose Myhep All?
The recommended dosage of the tablet is 1 tablet per day; with or without food.
Should be taken with a large glass of water; Take the medicine at the same time of day for best results.
- Patients without cirrhosis or with compensated cirrhosis: use the drug for 12 weeks.
- Patients with decompensated cirrhosis: Use plus ribavirin for 12 weeks
- The above regimens also apply to HIV-1 coinfected patients
- Test all patients with concurrent hepatitis B virus infection present or prior to initiation of HCV direct-acting antiviral (DDAs) therapy.
- Exposure to HIV-1 without cirrhosis or with compensated cirrhosis: HCV outcome (SVR12) of ≥92% for all genotypes
The following things need to be informed to the doctor when taking Myhep all
Tell your doctor if you are taking medicine for indigestion; heartburn or ulcers (H2 blockers). Medicines such as cimetidine; ranitidine ; famotidine or nizatidine.
Your doctor may tell you to take this medicine 12 hours before or 12 hours after taking Myhep all.
Tell your doctor what herbal products you are taking.
You have ever had or have any type of liver disease other than hepatitis C or kidney disease or are on dialysis. HIV disease causes immunosuppression.
Inform your doctor if you are pregnant; planning a pregnancy; or breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking Myhep all call your doctor.
What should I do if I forget 1 dose of Myhep All?
More than 80% of patients occasionally miss a dose of their medication. For best results; It is important to use the medication as directed. If you miss a dose; Contact your healthcare provider or pharmacist immediately to schedule a new dose. Be careful not to put the doses too close together because you could have side effects. Do not double your next dose to catch up.
What to do if Myhep All overdose?
If you have overdosed on Velpatasvir 100 mg and Sofosbuvir 400 mg or enough to have an adverse effect on your body's function; you have overdosed. A variety of signs and symptoms can occur when a person overdoses; And everyone reacts differently. The severity of drug overdose depends on the amount of the drug; amount; and the patient's medical history. If you think you or your friend has overdosed; Call an ambulance right away. You and your friend need medical help as soon as possible.
Side effects of Myhep all
Common side effects when using Myhep all
- Feeling tired
- Diarrhea / Nausea
- Sleep problems
Serious side effects are rare when using Myhep All
Chest pain or discomfort; Shortness of breath ; slow or irregular heartbeat.
- Dizziness or fainting; Unusual fatigue; etc
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you experience any of these side effects.
Before taking Myhep all; tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to sofosbuvir; velpatasvir. Any other medicine; or any ingredient in the pill
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about prescription and over-the-counter medicines. Vitamin; nutritional supplements you are taking or plan to take.
Note when using the following drugs with Myhep all:
How much does Myhep all cost?
Products are currently being sold in the market with different prices: Please contact Medixo Centre for advice on the Sofosbuvir Velpatasvir Cost.